What should I do if my car breaks down?
Modified on: Thu, 15 Oct, 2015 at 2:46 PM
In the event of a mechanical breakdown or failure:
- Protect the vehicle from further damage
- Do not operate the vehicle as it could result in further damage
- Pull your vehicle off the road and shut off the engine when any of the lights/gauges indicate a problem
- Use your Roadside Assistance Benefit
- Present your American Auto Shield Vehicle Service Contract to the repair facility
- Ask the repair facility to contact American Auto Shield prior to proceeding with repairs
Customers or their repair facilities can report a claim to American Auto Shield online or by telephone at 800.531.1925.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?