When should I report a claim?

Modified on Thu, 23 Feb 2023 at 11:31 AM

Report a claim to American Auto Shield (AAS) vehicle service contract (extended car warranty) claims administrator at 1-800-531-1925 or online image of tow truck

When to report a vehicle service contract claim

File a Vehicle Service Contract claim and receive authorization from American Auto Shield before repairs are performed. Please note that no claims will be paid without prior authorization.


If your vehicle experiences a mechanical breakdown or failure, pull over to the nearest safe location. 

Stop use of the vehicle, and contact:

  • Emergency roadside assistance, if necessary, at 1-866-222-7869.
  • The Claims Administrator at 1-800-531-1925 to receive claims authorization.

For your and your repair facility’s convenience, American Auto Shield customers can also click here to report a claim online.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article