Can I transfer a vehicle service contract?

Modified on Tue, 18 Jul 2023 at 04:38 PM

Transfer an American Auto Shield vehicle service contract (commonly called car extended warranty) image of woman transferring contract

Transfer a Vehicle Service Contract Online

American Auto Shield customers can transfer their vehicle service contracts from one party to another, increasing the resale value of the covered vehicle.

The following is a checklist of what you'll need to provide to transfer the contract:

  • A verified copy of the document showing change of ownership
  • Current odometer reading at time of sale
  • Transfer fee (refer to the contract for details)
  • Three (3) most current maintenance records showing previous owner's routine maintenance of the vehicle

Transfer applications can be mailed to American Auto Shield, 1597 Cole Boulevard, Suite 200, Lakewood, CO 80401, or click here to submit a Transfer Application online.

Note that a vehicle service Contract can only be transferred party to party and NOT to a dealer or auction house.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article